To the editor:
Between now and Election Day (Nov 3) Republicans in Person County will be illustrating the mammoth differences between conservative policies and socialist Democrat policies.
Remember, those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.
In 1959 Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev gave the following speech at the UN. For emphasis, he used his shoe to pound the podium:
“Your children’s children will live under communism. You Americans are so gullible. No, you won’t accept communism outright; but we will keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you will finally wake up and find you already have Communism. We will not have to fight you. We will so weaken your economy, until you will fall like overripe fruit into our hands.” How did Khrushchev expect to achieve this? He would let Democrats do the work for him. See how many planks in various Democrat platforms you can find in this list from Communist Rules for Revolution/Saul Alinsky:
“There are eight levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state. The first is the most important.
• “Healthcare - Control healthcare and you control the people.
• “Poverty – Increase the poverty level as high as possible; poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them.
• “Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
• “Gun Control – Remove the ability to defend themselves from the government. That way you are able to create a police state.
• “Welfare – Take control of every aspect (food, housing, income) of their lives because that will make them fully dependent on the government.
• “Education – Take control of what people read and listen to and take control of what children learn in school.
• “Religion – Remove the belief in God from the government and schools because the people need to believe in only the government knowing what is best for the people.
• “Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. Eliminate the middle class. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to tax the wealthy with the support of the poor.”
Today, Democrat presidential candidates are offering this recipe in their platforms – hidden in plain sight. If you think not, you aren’t paying attention. Bernie Sanders is just the most visible example, but they are all offering parts of this plan. How many steps have they already
President Trump is doing the exact opposite of most things Democrat. That’s why America’s economy has been doing so well, and why the Democrats are so eager to remove Trump from office. Please keep these issues in mind when you vote on Nov 3.