Two cases in two days drive COVID cases to 34

Posted

Person County health officials said Monday afternoon that a new case of COVID-19 was confirmed earlier in the day. That drives the total number of cases reported in Person County since March 24 to 34. The county's 33rd case was confirmed on Sunday night.

Of those cases, one person has died. Another nine are being monitored at home. The county has released 23 patients from health department isolation. One person is hospitalized.

The report comes as North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper considers moving the state into the second-phase of his re-opening plan, which would allow restaurants to open on a limited basis with capacity restrictions. Phase two would also open local playgrounds and increase the number of people allowed in mass gatherings.

When Cooper announced his plan late last month, he said the state could enter Phase two about May 22 if certain metrics are met, including an increase in testing and a decrease in the percentage of positive tests.

Person County Health Department officials met in an online Zoom meeting with representatives from restaurants throughout the county to review routine safety precautions as well as rules that may be implemented as part of Phase two.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment