Attention subscribers — Welcome to our new and improved website!
This week, PersonCountyLife.com will be freely available to all readers. No login is required at this time.
To the editor:
I applaud the writer of the Feb. 16 letter titled Taking God out of politics for pointing out the anti-religious, immoral and anti-American stances of the Democratic party leadership.
The Democratic party did not get there by accident. The far left has taken over the working man’s party and followed the teachings of Saul Alinsky, a community activist who wrote Rules for Radicals in 1971. Alinsky makes a strong case for the abandonment of morals and ethics because they get in the way of political success. He believes morality and ethics prevent the world from being what it should be.
Hillary Clinton wrote her Wellesley College thesis on Alinsky, interviewing him personally for her research.
I’m not talking about Americans who identify as voting Democrats. I believe the average Democrat and Republican share the same common belief in God and the values of decency and self-reliance that built this nation.
However, progressive leaders are following Alinsky’s plan to create a socialist state. To this they need to gain control of eight areas.
• Healthcare: When government controls healthcare, they control the people.
• Poverty level: Increase poverty levels as high as possible, the poor are easier to control when you provide basic needs and thus won’t fight back.
• Debt: Raise the debt to unsustainable levels so that the party can increase taxes on everyone and create more poverty.
• Gun control: Remove the ability of people to defend themselves from the government and, thus, create a socialist state.
• Welfare: Create welfare laws that control every aspect of people’s lives - food, housing, income. Then make government unable to afford what it promises.
• Education: Control what people read and listen to, control what children learn in school. Think Common Core.
• Religion: Remove belief in God from government and schools.
• Class warfare: Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This causes discontent and makes it easier to tax the wealthy.
Do these efforts look familiar? The good people of North Carolina and Person County do not want a socialist state. We certainly don’t want babies killed just before birth because they are inconvenient.
No form of government is perfect. No political party is perfect.
But America is the first country in the history of the world founded on the principle that the leaders receive their power from the people. In America, the people electe leaders to carry out the will of the people, not the will of those who would rule over them.
Democrats and Republicans, you and me, need to come together as Americans. We need to save our country from the poeple who would turn it into Venezuela, Cuba, Russia or any other failed socialist state.
I don’t believe we want to follow the amoral principles of a godless socialist who dedicates his work to Lucifer.